Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving


Banner Blessings

Truly Grateful


The first card I saw on Stampin' Up webpage.  I recreated and decided to change it up a little bit. 
In the world of paper crafting, there is no shame in copying. CASEing is an easy way to come up with a project quickly, and there's more than one way to CASE. You can copy a project exactly, or you can switch out some of the elements to adapt it for different needs.

For those new to CASEing, here it is in a nutshell:
  1. Keep your eyes open for ideas-- the annual catalog, a friend's blog. Pinterest, and more!
  2. Keep your phone or camera handy to snap a pic.
  3. Start asking yourself questions to get the creative juices flowing questions to get the creative juices flowing. Questions like.
  • What elements of this project are appealing to me ?
  • What do I like about the techniques used?
  • What about it would challenge me as an artist?
  • What shapes, stamps, colors or embellishments could I substitute?
4. With your answers in mind, sit down in your craft space to experiment.
5. Start creating, copying any or all elements of the inspiration project.


So that is how I came up with the second card. It was fun , fast and easy. 




Thank you for stopping by
Stampinly your's
Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Butterflies

When I saw this stamp set it reminded me of my oldest daughter when she was little playing in the back yard with her butterfly net. The rush...